Students receive 5 hours of instruction & plenty of one-on-one attention at only a fraction of the cost for individual coaching
Jumpstart Your UC App Essays!
2 Saturdays, Sept 17 & 24, 9:30 to 12 Noon
For the first time in a decade, the UC system has overhauled its admissions essays. Students now answer 4 of 8 "personal insight questions" of up to 350 words each.
There are tremendous advantages — and downsides — to this new format.
In this small & highly supportive workshop, Coach Paul guides students through the new questions, helping them to identify powerful topics and to draft essays that tap into their unique voice.
Students will leave the workshop with completed drafts of the required 4 (of 8) Personal Insight Questions!
This is a 2-part workshop and participants should expect to devote writing time in between meetings.
What You Can Count On:
- Outcomes-driven curriculum that helps students create essays that reveal their unique characters
- Empathetic and supportive environment that permits exploration of important stories
- Instructor trained in storytelling and writing creates an optimal environment for self-discovery and personal growth
What You'll Learn:
- How to uncover powerful topics that might go otherwise undiscovered
- How to transform experiences into defining moments
- How to draw the reader in from the first line
- How to effectively revise statements to heighten impact, improve pace, and deepen reflection